Emotional and Mental Stress: Dealing With Them the Right WayEmotional and Mental Stress: Dealing With Them the Right Way https://communityclinicalrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/dealing-with-emotional-mental-stress-1024x538.jpg 1024 538 Community Clinical Pharmacy Community Clinical Pharmacy https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/e5859a5ea81a26a35dbca0f20faaa25d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- Community Clinical Pharmacy
- no comments
Emotional and Mental Stress: Dealing With Them the Right Way
The Pandemic Has Increased Stress Levels of Many
I have received numerous emails and phone calls lately asking me if I can recommend a supplement for anxiety and panic attacks. The number of requests has increased recently, and as you can guess, it is partially due to the stress associated with being in a pandemic as well as the social unrest related to recent events.
Stress & Anxiety
Some of you have lost your job. Some have lost a loved one. You are limiting social get-togethers. You hesitate to travel. You are uncertain about your future, the future of your loved ones, society, and this world. All of these factors can create more anxiety.
Stress can significantly impact your quality of life and can manifest itself in many different ways.
Physical Signs of Stress
- Rapid heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Upset stomach
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain or tension (neck or back)
- Skin irritations
- Change in libido
Emotional and Mental Signs of Stress
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Lack of focus
- Lack of motivation
- Sadness or depression
Dealing With Stress
Every individual deals with stress differently. Some people resort to food and start overeating. Others consume alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs. It is essential to have the right tools to deal with stressful circumstances in a healthy way.
Here are some suggestions:
- Mindful meditation is extremely important. Deep breathing, meditating, or praying 3 times a day for 5-10 minutes. (there are many meditation apps available through your smartphone)
- Connect with nature. Whether it is taking a walk, gardening or even looking out through the window and watching birds, butterflies, etc., It helps you feel more connected and grounded
- Call a loved one to talk and stay in touch
- Limit your exposure to social media and the news except during designated times. Stay away from negative comments and squabbles
- Limit your consumption of sugars, caffeine, and alcohol
- Pick up a fun hobby such as drawing, painting, sewing, knitting, learning a new language, writing, doing crossword puzzles, gardening, etc.
- Use essential oils such as lavender, clary sage or chamomile oil
- Consume calming foods, drinks and supplements containing B vitamins, magnesium, chamomile tea, decaffeinated green tea
- Some B vitamins can be helpful in reducing symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety. B6, B9, and B12, in particular, have shown benefits in those struggling with high levels of stress
- There are many natural supplements available for stress and anxiety. I strongly advise you to check with your healthcare provider before taking any supplements. Some of the beneficial ingredients include Ashwagandha, Lemon balm, Valerian root, L-Theanine, Holy basil and magnesium
The bottom line is that stress can take a toll on you physically and mentally. It is important to utilize different strategies to help manage your stress. In addition to lifestyle changes, consuming certain nutrients, supplements and herbal products can be beneficial in helping you relax.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to help you choose the appropriate supplement.
Sharzad Green, Pharm. D., is a hormone replacement specialist & pharmacist at Community Clinical Pharmacy, in Mesa, Arizona. She offers private Hormone Replacement Consultations to find a tailored solution that fits your needs. Sharzad has had the privilege of working with over 12,000 patients and providers in the Valley and around the world.
When in doubt, contact one of our knowledgeable pharmacists at Community Clinical Pharmacy. We are here to offer you solutions and assist you in making informed decisions about your health. Contact us with comments, questions, or pharmacy
related topics you’d like to know more about. And, as always, stay healthy!
DO YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Sign up to receive updates on new health tips & tricks, advances in medicine, and special offers from Community Clinical Pharmacy.
Community Clinical PharmacyAll stories by: Community Clinical Pharmacy
You might also like
Female Sexual Arousal & Orgasmic Disorder – Compounded Cream TreatmentsFemale Sexual Arousal & Orgasmic Disorder – Compounded Cream Treatments https://communityclinicalrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/CCRx_Featured-Image-Compounded-Cream-Treatments-1024x538.jpg 1024 538 Community Clinical Pharmacy Community Clinical Pharmacy https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/e5859a5ea81a26a35dbca0f20faaa25d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement (BHRT) Therapy in Mesa, ArizonaBio-Identical Hormone Replacement (BHRT) Therapy in Mesa, Arizona https://communityclinicalrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/CCRX_featured-image_Feb-blog-1-1-1024x536.png 1024 536 Community Clinical Pharmacy Community Clinical Pharmacy https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/e5859a5ea81a26a35dbca0f20faaa25d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Compounding Pharmacy Near Me: Community Clinical – Mesa, ArizonaCompounding Pharmacy Near Me: Community Clinical – Mesa, Arizona https://communityclinicalrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/CCRX_feautred-image_Jan-blog1-1-1024x536.png 1024 536 Community Clinical Pharmacy Community Clinical Pharmacy https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/e5859a5ea81a26a35dbca0f20faaa25d?s=96&d=mm&r=g